Dishwasher Repair Warning Signs
We Dish the Dirt and Give You a Heads Up On When to Call Home-Tech for Dishwasher Repair Service
Don’t let a dishwasher disaster happen to you. The expert technicians at Home-Tech know all brands of dishwashers inside and out. If you have LG, GE, Fisher Paykel, Maytag, KitchenAid, Bosch, Frigidaire, Hotpoint, Kenmore, Amana, Whirlpool, Jenn Air, Asko, Samsung, or GE Profile, our technicians can make the repair. For a limited time, you can save money with No Fuss . . . No Muss . . . First Call’s On Us.
While some small problems like spots on dishes and glass can be solved with a white vinegar rinse in the machine, others require more detailed and technical processes. Our techs have seen it at all, and this is a list of common dishwasher problems that will require repair service:
- Dishwasher doesn’t complete the cycle
- Dishwasher does not work – no sound, water or lights
- Dishwasher does not start but motor hums
- Dishwasher does not fill with water or it drains while filling
- Water does not drain from the dishwasher
- Dishwasher is leaking water
- Water or soap leaks around the door
- Water drains through the air gap into the sink
- Dry cycle problems
- Dishwasher is noisy
- Door drops down with too much force
- Door does not close or latch properly
- Dishwasher cycle does not complete
- Detergent cup does not open
- Cycles times are too long
- Dishes are not cleaned adequately
Serving Up Some Excellent Dishwasher Advice
We also like sharing tips for maintaining a well running dishwasher. Here are a few from our friends at Maytag:
- Clean the interior of the dishwasher, with a paste of powdered dishwasher detergent and water or use liquid dishwasher detergent on a damp sponge to clean the cooled-down interior.
- To help avoid odor or odor-causing residue in your dishwasher, use Affresh® dishwasher and disposer cleaner (recommended) once a month as part of routine maintenance. Affresh® dishwasher and disposer cleaner is effective in all dishwasher brands.
- For our snowbirds, or part-time residents, if you will not be using the dishwasher during the summer months, turn off the water and power supply to the dishwasher.
- Always use a rinse aid.
- Always use a high-quality, fresh detergent. Powder preferred.
As always, Home-Tech and our technicians are here to assist you should you require dishwasher repair. With the purchase of a Gold Service Agreement, your service calls on your dishwasher repairs are covered under the contract. If you are in the market to update your dishwasher, please visit our two showrooms: Fort Myers and Sarasota/Manatee, or shop our Online Appliance Store.