- Check for standing water around air handling units (air conditioners, furnaces).
- Routinely inspect the evaporator coils, liner surfaces, drain pans and drain lines.
- If you don’t know how or where to check, we can provide a Clean and Check, a maintenance service call that helps prevent the need for air conditioning repair.
Controlling Humidity is the Key to Comfort
It’s a rainy early summer day, and the inside of your home doesn’t feel cool and dry. Is there condensation on the windows or wet stains on the walls or ceiling? How about mold in the bathrooms? Are your allergy symptoms getting worse? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, consider these symptoms as indicators that you are in need of air conditioning repair.
A properly functioning air conditioner will keep your home at the proper humidity levels and control mold. But, if humidity and mold are present, there could be one or more problems. The following issues would be a reason to call Home-Tech for air conditioning repair service:
- An undercharged air conditioning unit
- A freon leak
- Old age of AC unit
- Over-sized air conditioning system
Did you know that the moisture in the air outside will get into the house just through normal ventilation and infiltration? As you already know, high indoor humidity levels are difficult to control in Southwest Florida. While air conditioners remove moisture from the air as a by-product of cooling, it is very normal for Floridians to use their AC to dehumidify their homes as well and help control mold.
Beat Humidity With These Tips
Control mold with further advice from our Comfort Specialists:
- Do not crack your windows to reduce condensation and indoor humidity levels.
- DO run bathroom exhaust fans while showering.
- Replace your air conditioning filters. Increasing the air flow also increases the unit’s ability to cool the air.
- If you do see noticeable signs of mold, it needs to be addressed immediately. Untreated mold problems can lead to increase health and allergy issues, damage to your home and damage the AC.
Think of Home-Tech when your humidity is high or you want to improve indoor air quality. To schedule air conditioning repair service call 1-800-800-8356 or schedule online. For more AC and Cooling tips, follow us on Facebook.