Pollen is the most difficult airborne allergen to avoid, but there are still a number of things that you can do to minimize your exposure during pollen season. Have you looked into air cleaners or purifiers to make your air healthier to breathe? Consumer Reports told us that people spend more than $500 million dollars a year on these products. Is it time for you to jump on the purifier wagon?
Simple Allergen Elimination Tips:
- Avoid open windows, attic fans, or any other unfiltered openings for pollen to get into your home. Instead, run your central air conditioning for air circulation. If you’re torn between your allergies and the desire to open your windows on a pretty day, consider using window screen filters to keep pollen out.
- Replace your air conditioning filters or wash electrostatic filters regularly to help clean pollen out of the air. You can also use vent filters on the room vents to catch anything that might have made it by the air conditioning filter or pollen and other allergens that may have already settled in your air ducts.
- Run a HEPA air cleaner in your bedroom to help eliminate the pollen that makes its way into your home.
- Don’t dry your clothes on an outside line where they can collect pollen. Instead dry them in a vented dryer.
- Outdoor pets are covered in pollen. Wipe them down when you let them indoors and bathe them frequently. You should also avoid letting them track pollen onto your bed.
Air Conditioning Accessories for Increased Indoor Air Quality
The excerpt above came from our friends at National Allergy. But, if you are looking for a more technical solution, Home-Tech has many products that can keep your home allergen and dust free. We recommend Trane CleanEffects,™ the patented whole-house air filtration from a recognized industry leader. Designed from the ground up to clean the air like nothing before, CleanEffects makes the air in your home feel cleaner and fresher than you thought possible.
The CleanEffects Benefits:
- Removes up to an incredible 99.98% of allergens from filtered air.
- Traps particles as small as .1 micron in size.
- Up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1” filter.
- Can reduce your need to dust by up to 50%.
If you suffer from allergies, even inside your home, let a Home-Tech Comfort Specialist evaluate your current air conditioning system. Our highly trained and expert specialists can suggest additional accessories to increase the indoor air quality levels in your home. Don’t get trapped by allergies, get Home-Tech instead. Call us today to schedule an appointment at 800-800-8356.