We recently celebrated National Good Neighbor Day – and if you’ve ever had a not so good neighbor, you know just how important it is to give major kudos to your good neighbors. If you’ve got a great neighbor or two, you’ve hit the lottery. Because we all know what it’s like to have a not so great neighbor… Let’s remember a few we’ve had, shall we?
- The next door neighbors with the yappy little dog that’s home all day while the homeowners are at work. The yappy dog that yaps constantly – every time little Yappy takes a 2-minute break from yapping, you breathe easy and pray he’s taking a nap. And then the yapping starts again. You feel sorry for the poor yapping critter, but on the other hand, you feel like you want to move, stat.
- The Party-Like-It’s-1999 neighbors are always a challenge. In one sense, it’s nice to see people having a good time and whooping it up now and then – but almost every night – until past 12 a.m.? You wonder how they function in the morning. After all, you can party like a rock star, too – you just can’t recover like one anymore. You want to call the police, but on the other hand, your good earplugs seem to help, but still…
- Then there are the neighbors that move in and either proceed to paint their home bright Pepto Bismol pink, or cut down all the beautiful trees by the property line, or throw up an enormous satellite dish in the front yard. When it comes to these neighbors, blinders come in handy.
- We’ve all had the slightly creepy neighbors, right? The ones that keep their blinds drawn all day, never have any company, and rarely go outside. They’re harmless really – they’re not bothering you, but there’s a creepy vibe and you don’t exactly feel like knocking on the door and asking to borrow a cup of sugar. They’re not bad neighbors, but they are weird neighbors.
- And we won’t even address the neighbors that bought their 10-year old son a drum set for Christmas – it might bring back too many loud memories.
The great thing about bad neighbors, loud neighbors, and weird neighbors is that they make us appreciate the good neighbors all the more. The ones that volunteer to feed your cat when you’re out of town, the ones that invite you to barbecues on Sunday afternoons, and the ones that have jumper cables when your car battery dies.
The really invaluable ones are Home-Tech customers, because when you see one of our maroon and yellow service trucks in a neighbor’s driveway, you know you’ve got a good neighbor who’s smart and does their research when it comes to appliance service and repair – the kind of neighbor that when you hurry over to borrow a wrench to try and fix a major appliance, they instead give you the number to Home-Tech. If you haven’t referred your neighbors yet to Home-Tech’s no worry Service Agreement yet, we are you waiting for? That’s what a GREAT neighbor does.
Here’s a perfect example of what we are talking about. We just received this Attaboy from a new customer.
On Oct 8 our AC suddenly stopped working. As luck would have it Home Tech was working on the AC for our neighbors & I asked if they could look at ours. Joe asked me to please call so that a ticket could be established. As soon as they finished fixing our neighbor’s AC, Joe (794) & Adam (853) started working on ours. They were very polite, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. They answered all of our questions and we purchased the gold contract. I would highly recommend Home Tech to anyone!