Here at Home-Tech, we think the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving is to give thanks for YOU – our family of loyal customers and friends. So, we got together, brainstormed, and decided to give back to our favorite people – you guys – by giving away a fabulous G.E. chest freezer AND a big, fat frozen turkey to put in it!
Get an Instant Quote Now – Hurry Freezer Contest Ends Nov. 23rd!
All you have to do is sign up on our website for an instant Gold or Silver Service Agreement quote. One of our friendly professionals will put you in the running for a free freezer and Thanksgiving bird and you get to find out more about how having a Service Agreement from Home-Tech can make your life more stress free. Hey, the holidays are right around the corner; the less stress, the better. With a Service Agreement, if a major appliance or your air conditioning breaks, we’ll be there to fix it within hours – that means weekends, nights, even holidays. And speaking of holidays, that’s when a freezer can come in super handy.
Frozen, the Smart Way
Here are a few freezing tips:
- To keep flavor fresh, frozen foods should be used within 6 to 9 months (that frozen pot pie that’s been in the freezer since 2011 needs to go).
- Don’t overload your freezer, packing in boxes and bags like sardines. Only 2 – 3 pounds of food per cubic foot of freezer. Too much food and it makes it harder for your freezer to stay frozen.
- Remember to place newer foods toward the bottom and move the older ones next in line for use. Color coding or labeling helps with organization.
- Never freeze salad greens, eggs in the shell, sour cream, or potatoes. You’ll lose flavor and texture.
- And did you know that storing grains and cereals in the freezer is a great idea? Especially in warm climates like ours.
Thank you to Good Housekeeping for the freezing tips and thank YOU for being a part of the Home-Tech family. Now, go get your free Service Agreement quote and win that freezer!